Taylor flies back for West Ham medical
Bolton midfielder Matt Taylor will have a medical at Upton Park after flying back from his club’s pre-season tour.
West Ham look set to secure the signing of Bolton midfielder Matt Taylor after he flew home from Wanderers pre-season tour of the United States.
The 29-year-old will have a medical at Upton Park, before discussing personal terms on what is likely to be an initial �2.2million move to the Hammers.
Taylor, who cost Bolton �3.5m from Portsmouth when he signed in January 2008, can play on the left of midfielder or as an attacking wing back and West Ham fans may well remember the thundering free kick he hit at the Reebok in 2009 which beat Robert Green with ease.
Taylor has made 139 appearances for Bolton, scoring 23 goals, but his place came under threat last season from Bulgarian wing man Martin Petrov and he spent much of the campaign on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
The Oxford-born midfielder is keen to live down south and with just one year left on his contract, Bolton were happy to listen to offers for the player as they look to improve their own squad.
Another former Bolton player in Joey O’Brien is also vying for a contract at Upton Park, though the arrival of Taylor may well hinder his chances.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
The 25-year-old, who spent part of last season at Sheffield Wednesday, is currently on trial at West Ham and came on as a second-half substitute in the 1-0 friendly win in Copenhagen on Wednesday night.