Talismanic midfielder tops the big boy’s shopping list
Scott Parker rumoured to be holding out for a move to Spurs
It is only the third week in June, but already the summer transfer window has seen plenty of business, with big money moves completed in the Premier League.
And the rumour mill is already rife with a host of Premier League clubs linked with members of the Hammers squad.
Scott Parker tops that list with the talismanic midfielder’s future yet to be sorted, while other players thought to be on the move include Robert Green, Demba Ba and Carlton Cole.
Keeper Green is rumoured to be set for a move to Aston Villa to replace the departing Brad Friedel, who last week agreed a move to Tottenham Hotspur.
You may also want to watch:
With Green still looking to force himself into the England set-up, it is thought that the keeper would need to move to a Premier League side to stake a claim in Fabio Capello’s squad.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that Ba has agreed to discuss terms with Newcastle over a potential move to Tyneside.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 6 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
Despite West Ham offering the Senegalese striker a �15,000-a-week pay rise to remain with the club in the Championship, it seems that Ba has activated a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for free following the club’s relegation.
Other suitors for the player that scored seven goals in 13 games for the Hammers are Everton, although the striker’s wage demands are set to be a stumbling block for any potential move.
Another player currently linked with a move away from Upton Park is striker Cole.
The England international, who was West Ham’s top scorer last season, is thought to have a few Premier League admirers, most notably Stoke City and Fulham.
However, whether London boy Cole would fancy moving up the M6 is debatable and the front man would lean towards a stay in the capital.
Meanwhile, the only club to have apparently made a firm offer for Hammer of the Year Parker is Turkish side Fenerbahce, who had their bid turned down by the midfielder, who is thought to have set his sights on a move to West Ham’s local rivals Spurs.
Boss Harry Redknapp made a bid for the 30-year-old midfielder last summer which was rejected, but things will surely be different this time as West Ham look to raise funds following their relegation.
If the move does go ahead, it will be interesting to see the West Ham fans’ response to the transfer.
Although the majority of supporters have accepted the almost inevitable departure of Parker, if the midfielder joins Spurs, it is unlikely to be with their blessing.
Could West Ham’s hero of late turn his back on the club and join their rivals?
It remains to be seen.