Suspected World War Two shell found in Mawney Road, Romford.
A suspected World War Two shell has been found in Romford.
Mawney Road at the junction of the A12 and Birch Road is closed after the finding at 9.04am today (Monday August 6).
Police have advised people to stay in their homes and keep away from the area.
Bomb disposal experts and the police are currently at the scene.
Have you been affected by the discovery?
You may also want to watch:
If so, the Recorder would like to hear from you call 0208 477 3988.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms