Super slimmers from Rainham weight loss group up for national title
- Credit: Archant
Two women given a new lease of life by losing weight have had their hard work rewarded – being nominated for a national title.
Nicole Pluck, 20, and Rachel Foulds, 23, won their Rainham Slimming World group’s “Miss Slinky” contest and have now been shortlisted for the UK-wide prize to be awarded later this month.
The development marks the beginning of the end of their weight loss battle, with both women hoping to lose a further stone after shedding nearly eight between them.
Nicole joined the club in January 2013 a year after her mum Lesley, 57 signed up.
She said: “I wanted to lose weight but it felt really difficult doing it on my own, so with my mum doing so well and everyone complimenting her it really inspired me to do it myself.”
Nicole, from Rainham, has lost two and a half stone and gone from a dress size 16 to a 10-12.
She said: “Sometimes I look at my old clothes and am still in disbelief about how much I have lost.
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 8 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 9 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
- 10 Solution to blaze hotspot in Rainham may take 'some time' to find, residents warned
“I didn’t expect to be nominated [for Miss Slinky] so it was really nice. It would be massive if I won.”
Rachel, from Dagenham, joined Slimming World in January 2012 and has lost just over 5st. Her success led to her parents Leigh, 46, and Richard, 50, joining in and shedding four stone between them.
She said: “Everyone has been so supportive. It feels really good and I have a lot more confidence now.
“It was an honour to be put forward for the title by the group as I never did it [losing weight] for anyone but myself.”
Jayne Fosh, who runs the club at La Salette Church, Rainham Road, on Tuesdays said: “The two girls are really inspiring. It is great they have been shortlisted.”