Sunday shoppers can meet 2012 Paralympic medallist
Paralympic GB medal-winner Ola Abidogun will greet customers at Sainsbury’s store in the Brewery shopping centre, Romford, on Sunday, November 11.
The British athlete made his debut at the London Paralympics in Stratford by qualifying for the final of the T46 100m final, finishing first in his heat with a time of 11.21 seconds.
The single arm amputee went on to win bronze medal in the final.
His other career highlights include the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi where he finished in 5th place in the Men’s T46 100m final, despite facing injury and his consistently strong performances at the BT Paralympic World Cup.
Store manager Lee Riley said: “It is a great honour for our store to be chosen to host this special visit from Paralympic bronze medallist, Ola Abidogun.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a great example of what can be achieved through hard work and dedication and an excellent role model for any budding athletes.
“Having the chance to meet him in person is an opportunity not to be missed and we hope lots of customers will join us and share in the experience.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says