Nearly £1,000 worth of career coaching up for grabs for 50 London mums
- Credit: Successful Mums
A careers coach is giving away 50 free packages worth nearly £1,000 to London mums this spring.
Funding to cover the cost of each of the £995 careers coaching packages with Successful Mums is coming from the Mayor of London and European Union Social Fund.
The training company, founded by Jane Knight, aims to help those who have taken career gaps get back into work and find family-friendly jobs that work around their lives.
The company has helped 6,700 mums over the past eight years.
One of them, Lana Metsapelto, said the course had helped her confidence, self-belief and preparation for interviews.
She said: "It opened my mind to how, as mums, we have a lot of desirable and sought-after skills and qualities that are transferable to the workplace."
Founder Jane Knight added: “Instead of thinking 'I’m just a mum', we encourage people to embrace new-found skills and ensure these are on their CVs.
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 8 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 9 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
"I have two children and my negotiation and conflict management skills have improved hugely, along with event management (birthdays) budgeting (Christmas) and creative thinking (mummy, I’m bored….)."
Applications must be in by the end of this month.
To apply see successfulmums.co.uk/landing.