Styles tribute to physio Thain
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Hornchurch captain grateful for help
Hornchurch skipper Elliot Styles is two weeks away from a return to action and praised club physio Pete Thain for all his hard work.
Thain has been working with Styles, who broke his collarbone last month, twice a week in the gym at Bridge Avenue and the recovery is on schedule.
“The doctors said six weeks when I initially went in and it had happened four weeks ago on Tuesday,” said Styles.
“I have got one more check up but fingers crossed that’ll go well and I can start training and playing again.
You may also want to watch:
“Pete has been great all along and the sessions have gone really well. I can’t thank him enough.”
And while the team has picked up three consecutive draws of late it has been a tough time for the skipper on the sidelines.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
“I have missed being part of the team and even training as well, it is always frustrating when you can’t play,” he added.
“But I have been at every game and the boys are digging in and picking up the results. You want three points every week of course but when you can’t do that it is important to at least pick up one.
“We have been unfortunate in games, especially at Eastbourne where I thought we deserved all three.”
Styles could feature at Tonbridge Angels on February 19 or failing that, against Staines four days later.