Styles tribute to physio Thain
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Hornchurch captain grateful for help
Hornchurch skipper Elliot Styles is two weeks away from a return to action and praised club physio Pete Thain for all his hard work.
Thain has been working with Styles, who broke his collarbone last month, twice a week in the gym at Bridge Avenue and the recovery is on schedule.
“The doctors said six weeks when I initially went in and it had happened four weeks ago on Tuesday,” said Styles.
“I have got one more check up but fingers crossed that’ll go well and I can start training and playing again.
You may also want to watch:
“Pete has been great all along and the sessions have gone really well. I can’t thank him enough.”
And while the team has picked up three consecutive draws of late it has been a tough time for the skipper on the sidelines.
- 1 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 2 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 5 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 10 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
“I have missed being part of the team and even training as well, it is always frustrating when you can’t play,” he added.
“But I have been at every game and the boys are digging in and picking up the results. You want three points every week of course but when you can’t do that it is important to at least pick up one.
“We have been unfortunate in games, especially at Eastbourne where I thought we deserved all three.”
Styles could feature at Tonbridge Angels on February 19 or failing that, against Staines four days later.