Class self-isolating after Havering Colleges student tests positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Havering College
A student at Havering Colleges has tested positive for coronavirus.
The education provider has asked the relevant class and teachers at the Wingletye Lane sixth form campus to self-isolate as a precaution and the campus remains open.
It is understood the student is beyond the infectious period.
Principal Paul Wakeling said: “The Covid Response Unit confirmed that we had taken the necessary action.
“As a precaution we asked the students in the same class as the case, and the relevant teachers, to self-isolate.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety of our students and staff and will always follow Government guidelines.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021