Stuck in Hornchurch traffic? Don’t worry it will clear in four months
- Credit: Archant
Stuck in traffic with nowhere to go? Why not look out for a cheeky sign in a salon window?
The owner of one Hornchurch business had his tongue firmly in cheek when he put up this sign in his Station Lane premises, referring to the ongoing regeneration work in the area.
Johnpaul Wyndham, of Wyndham Hair, said: “I’ve had a few people give the thumbs up as they’ve gone past.
“The work started after the first week back after Christmas, and then there was the snow, none of this has helped business, but this work is adding to our problems.
“It seems like they’re digging up the same bits they did a couple of years ago, and when they’re finished will we see a massive improvement? We didn’t last year.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Robert Benham, cabinet member for community empowerment, said: “Unfortunately with this type of work, there will be some disruption. The £2m programme will improve the town centre for future generations.
“We are sorry that there has been some disruption and we are working hard to minimise this.”
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor