Strugglers Dagenham & Redbridge beaten at Bristol Rovers
Bristol Rovers 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 0
Goals from Joe Anyinsah and Matt Harrold earned Bristol Rovers maximum points and saw struggling Daggers fall to their fifth straight league defeat.
In a low-quality first half, Daggers offered little going forwards, but had keeper Chris Lewington to thank for keeping them in it.
On 20 minutes the young stopper denied Harrold from point-blank range and 10 minutes later made a supreme double save to frustrate Mustapha Carayol and then Anyinsah.
The home side made the breakthrough on 50 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Stanley’s corner picked out Scott McGleish, whose header was deflected off Jon Nurse into the path of Anyinsah to sweep home from close range.
Rovers came close to sealing the points on the hour-mark, but Harrold saw his close-range header bounce back off the post.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Daggers’ best chance of the match fell to Nurse on 65 minutes, after good play from substitute Brian Woodall in the build up, but the striker’s low effort was bravely blocked by Danny Woodards.
A miserable afternoon was rounded off on 89 minutes when Abu Ogogo dragged down Harrold inside the box and the big forward dusted himself down to score the subsequent penalty.
Bristol Rovers: Bevan, Woodards, Bolger, Sawyer, Brown, Anyinsah, Stanley, Gill, Carayol, Harrold, McGleish (Rendell 78). Subs: Anthony, Richards, Hunter, Norburn.
Dag & Red: Lewington, Ogogo, Walsh, Arber, McCrory, Lee (Woodall 63), Maher, Gain, Hewitt (Scannell 72), Tomlin, Nurse. Subs: Shea, Rose, Bingham.
Attendance: 5,475 (including 70 away supporters)