Striker set to finalise Daggers deal
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still is expecting to complete a deal for Chelmsford City striker Rob Edmans this week,
The clubs have agreed a fee that could rise to five-figures with performance-related add-ons and the 24-year-old is expected to finalise the terms on a two-year deal before the weekend.
“Hopefully it can be tied up in the next few days,” said Still. “It’s just a case of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.”
Edmans scored five goals in 17 league appearances last season, as Chelmsford reached the Blue Square South Division play-offs.
However, the former Southend United triallist missed his side’s two-leg semi-final defeat to Ebbsfleet United with a broken leg sustained 17 minutes into a 3-1 victory over Hampton & Richmond Borough on the final day of the regular season.
You may also want to watch:
However, it is hoped Edmans will be fit in time for Daggers opening match of the season away to Macclesfield Town on Saturday, August 6.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor