Stop Smoking roadshow in Rainham
Health experts will be giving free advice to help smokers kick the habit at a roadshow in Rainham tomorrow.
They will be at Tesco, in Dovers Corner, Viking Way, between 11am and 2pm. to give advice, support and tips.
The Stop Smoking roadshow, run by North East London NHS Foundation Trust, will include Stop Smoking Advisors, who will provide advice, lung age tests and can measure the carbon monoxide levels in your lungs.
Nicola Hill, Stop Smoking Service manager for North East London NHS Foundation Trust, said: “Smokers have four times the chance of stopping if they use their NHS Stop Smoking Service compared to going it alone.
“You may have tried to stop before or this may be the first time. Being prepared to quit is half the battle.
You may also want to watch:
“We know it’s not easy, but you’re not on your own in wanting to quit – we help hundreds of local people stop smoking every year.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 10 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers