Still unconcerned by blunt Daggers
Dagenham & Redbridge have not scored in any of their three matches this season
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still says his side’s lack of goals is not a cause for concern, after witnessing their 0-0 draw with Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday night.
Daggers created a plethora of chances throughout the 90 minutes at Victoria Road, but time and again were thwarted by Pilgrims stopper Jake Cole.
It means Still’s side are yet to score in their three matches so far this season, but the boss is refusing to press the panic button.
“We need to add goals, but my problem would be if we weren’t creating chances,” said Still.
You may also want to watch:
“On another day Dwight Gayle could have had a hat-trick. We’re making the chances and we look sharp around the box.
“It’s a new look team, we’re going to lack experience at times. In the second half I was saying to them ‘try and get another pass in’ we’re playing a lot more football this year, so I wanted us to get another pass in to try and draw them out.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
“We probably need Kevin Maher to help us do that. But, having said that, we carried on creating chances and we’re very pleased with our performance. We played well enough to win the game.”