Still time to vote in the Recorder and the Mercury Mall’s modelling competition Get into Fashion
There’s still time to vote for your favourite budding model in the annual Get Into Fashion competition – but you’ve got to be quick.
Fill in the voting form in this week’s Recorder and hand it into at the Mercury Mall, Mercury Gardens, Romford, by 5pm on Sunday (September 30) to say who you’d like to see modelling the hottest new trends. You can fill in as many forms as you like provided they’re originals from the newspaper (no photocopies).
Last week the Recorder published pictures of all 385 of the competition’s entrants.
There are six categories. four to six, seven to 10, 11 to 15, 16 to 29, 30 years and over, and plus sizes. Models are entered into the categories when they enter so all you need to worry about is picking your favourite.
The most popular entrants will be invited to a casting session on October 14.
You may also want to watch:
Then 25 chosen models will take part in fashion shows on October 27 and 28.
The finalists will also take part in a professional photoshoot during the shows, wearing the new season’s styles. The pictures will appear in a double-page fashion feature in the Recorder on November 9.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
In addition, one lucky man or woman from across the adult categories will win a test photoshoot at the Sandra Reynolds Model Agency.
And one boy or girl from any of the four to 15 age categories will be awarded a year’s model placement at Truly Scrumptious Model Agency.
Finally, each winner will also receive a share of �700 to spend at The Mercury.
Get into Fashion is now in its sixth year. The 2012 entrants were chosen during three “scouting” days at the Mercury earlier this month. The free competition is organised in association with the Recorder, Sandra Reynolds Model Agency, Truly Scrumptious Child Model Agency and Len Dance photography.
Sarah DeCourcy Rolls, deputy centre manager, said: “This is a great opportunity for all the local lads and lasses that think they might have what it takes but don’t know how to go about starting a career in modelling.
“It’s a fun and easy step to getting your name in print and your face in the press if nothing else.”