Still reveals Scott KO
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Josh Scott needs cartilage op
Daggers boss John Still is confident the injury problems that have disrupted his early season plans are beginning to improve – but revealed striker Josh Scott faces a further lay-off.
Scott returned to full training in the summer having recovered from a blood clot on his lung and looked set to feature on the opening day at Macclesfield.
However, a hip-flexor injury suffered on the eve of the new campaign ruled him out of contention for the first four matches.
The former Hayes & Yeading striker completed 45 minutes for the reserve team in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Gillingham last week and he looked to be on the road to recovery.
You may also want to watch:
But Still revealed the 26-year-old striker faces a further setback, although is content that the other injured members of his squad are showing signs of improvement.
“Josh Scott is going to have to have a cartilage operation, so that’s a blow,” said Still.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
“But outside of that, Peter Gain is probably a week or two away, Kevin Maher is three or four weeks, so hopefully we’ll find people start filtering back just to make us a little bit stronger.”