Still reveals Scott KO
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Josh Scott needs cartilage op
Daggers boss John Still is confident the injury problems that have disrupted his early season plans are beginning to improve – but revealed striker Josh Scott faces a further lay-off.
Scott returned to full training in the summer having recovered from a blood clot on his lung and looked set to feature on the opening day at Macclesfield.
However, a hip-flexor injury suffered on the eve of the new campaign ruled him out of contention for the first four matches.
The former Hayes & Yeading striker completed 45 minutes for the reserve team in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Gillingham last week and he looked to be on the road to recovery.
You may also want to watch:
But Still revealed the 26-year-old striker faces a further setback, although is content that the other injured members of his squad are showing signs of improvement.
“Josh Scott is going to have to have a cartilage operation, so that’s a blow,” said Still.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
“But outside of that, Peter Gain is probably a week or two away, Kevin Maher is three or four weeks, so hopefully we’ll find people start filtering back just to make us a little bit stronger.”