Still hopes to extend Spillane’s stay
Dagenham & Redbridge are in negotiations with Brentford over defender’s loan
John Still is hopeful the club can tie up a deal this week to extend Michael Spillane’s loan from Brentford.
The defender has made nine appearances since moving to Daggers in November, but was due to return to Griffin Park today.
However, Still revealed he will open negotiations with The Bees this week to try and extend Spillane’s stay at Victoria Road and is hopeful of bringing in another player before the weekend’s FA Cup clash with Millwall.
“We’ll have to sit down and see what we can do, see if we can get any help,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It isn’t maybe getting someone on loan, we can probably do that, it’s about getting someone on loan that can play in the FA Cup, which isn’t going to be easy.
“We’re talking to him (Michael Spillane) and Brentford at the moment and we’re hoping that will sort itself out.”
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
Meanwhile, defender Phil Walsh has joined Blue Square Premier side Hayes & Yeading on a month’s loan.
Walsh has found first-team opportunities hard to come by since the arrivals of Spillane and Exodus Geohaghon on loan in November.
Walsh, whose debut on New Year’s Day against Ebbsfleet was cut short when the game was abandoned on 20 minutes due to a waterlogged pitch, will stay with Hayes until the end of January.