Staff at Romford charity shop celebrate a double win
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a charity shop had reason to celebrate after they grabbed two awards.
St Francis Hospice presents awards each quarter for the store in their 14 strong chain of shops with the highest turnover and the shop bringing in the most money over and above their target.
The highest turnover for the October to December 2012 period quarter prize went for the second consecutive time to the hospice shop in South Street, Romford.
The same shop also scooped the prize for generating the most money for the hospice over and above their quarterly target.
Manager Esther Caruana put the shop’s success to the staff.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Mehry, Beverley, Lynn and all of our staff are just brilliant, as are our drivers, Pete and Mike, but we couldn’t do any of it without all the generous donations from the local community!”
Steve Rose, the General Manager of the St Francis Hospice Shops said: “The South Street shop team really do deserve their double win this quarter, Thanks to Operations Manager Matthew, Esther and all our managers and volunteer sales assistants we are on track to contribute more than £400,000 in profit this year to fund the free care for the local community provided by Saint Francis Hospice nurses, doctors and specialist healthcare staff.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
The charity is also looking for volunteers to help sort stock, serve customers, help out with administration in the head office or be a driver or drivers mate collecting and delivering donations.
For more information about how you can volunteer or your nearest hospice shop please visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 376269.