Staff at Harold Wood beauty salon get in the pink for Breast Cancer Care
Staff at a Harold Wood salon donned pink pyjamas and gave up their tips in an effort to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
The workers at Images Hair and Beauty Salon in Station Road, Harold Wood held the special event last Friday October 28 in aid of Breast Cancer Care.
Hair stylist Jade Richardson said “We’ve had a great response from the local community. A lot of women are affected by breast cancer and one of our customers today has been directly affected, it’s been a great day.”
The staff also raised money by selling raffle tickets with prizes such as free haircuts and selling breast cancer badges and the workers gave up all of their tips for the day.
The money raised from the day is set to go to Breast Cancer Care to help them research into the causes of the disease.
You may also want to watch:
Jade said: “We have been really busy and lots of people have been coming in. The customers have provided a great atmosphere and everyone’s getting involved
“Everyone here has had a great time in our pink pyjamas and our slippers. I’ve loved it, it should be made legal!.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van