Staff at Harold Wood beauty salon get in the pink for Breast Cancer Care
Staff at a Harold Wood salon donned pink pyjamas and gave up their tips in an effort to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
The workers at Images Hair and Beauty Salon in Station Road, Harold Wood held the special event last Friday October 28 in aid of Breast Cancer Care.
Hair stylist Jade Richardson said “We’ve had a great response from the local community. A lot of women are affected by breast cancer and one of our customers today has been directly affected, it’s been a great day.”
The staff also raised money by selling raffle tickets with prizes such as free haircuts and selling breast cancer badges and the workers gave up all of their tips for the day.
The money raised from the day is set to go to Breast Cancer Care to help them research into the causes of the disease.
You may also want to watch:
Jade said: “We have been really busy and lots of people have been coming in. The customers have provided a great atmosphere and everyone’s getting involved
“Everyone here has had a great time in our pink pyjamas and our slippers. I’ve loved it, it should be made legal!.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted