St Francis Hospice welcomes ‘five out of five’ from Care Quality Commission inspection
- Credit: Archant
St Francis Hospice scored five out of five in a Care Quality Commission inspection.
The unannounced visit, which saw an inspector checking records and speaking to staff, patients and relatives, happened at the end of January – and last week the hospice found it had passed all five “key standards of care”.
These are: the respect and involvement of patients; their care and welfare; safeguarding people from abuse; making sure there are enough staff; and managing risks.
Director of patient care Jane Sutherland said: “Our priority at St Francis Hospice is to deliver the best care and support to patients and their relatives, and I’m delighted the latest Care Quality Commission inspection demonstrates we are achieving this.
“The staff and volunteers deserve credit for the hard work they put in each day to ensure patients and families receive first-class care.”
You may also want to watch:
Chief exec Pam Court said: “While it’s fantastic to receive such a positive report for our services, it was satisfying to learn about the wonderful comments made to the inspector by patients and their families.”
Patients said the service had met or exceeded their expectations, while relatives told the inspector “nothing was too much trouble” and said they were kept well informed.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 8 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre
To find out more about the hospice, visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 753319. To read the inspection report, visit www.cqc.org.uk/directory/1-107318660.