St Francis Hospice record breaking attempt
Residents are being invited to join nurses from a Havering hospice for a world record breaking fundraising quiz.
In order to break the record, St Francis Hospice needs 1,235 people to participate, and have the same quiz running in 10 venues.
Physiotherapist Rebecca Lew said: “I know how much of a difference our specialist care makes - by joining in fundraising events I can do my bit to ensure others receive our care when they need it.”
Tickets to the main quiz at Doddinghurst Road are �10, include nibbles, and will be held at 7:30pm on Friday 12 August.
Teams of 10 are needed, but smaller groups are welcome and will be teamed up with new friends.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets, details of other venues or to pledge to hold your own quiz visit www.sfh.org.uk, or call 01708 771 412.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review