St Francis Hospice, Havering-atte-Bower: lottery’s first anniversary sees two winning tickets and three lucky winners
Havering-atte-Bower’s St Francis Hospice celebrated the anniversary of its lottery scheme by handing out two first prizes of �1,000 last Friday (October 19).
One of the winning tickets belonged to 33-year-old Scott Lloyd, who runs a training company, and 30-year-old paediatric palliative care nurse Ellie Sale, of Dagenham.
“My mum died from cancer and Ellie’s nan died in a hospice,” said Scott, “so when we saw one of the St Francis Hospice ambassadors visiting our road and encouraging people to join the hospice lottery we signed up.”
The second �1,000 winner was 53-year-old Stuart Davis, who works in Harold Wood in the motor trade.
Stuart has been playing the lottery since it began.
You may also want to watch:
“I was so pleased to receive a phone call to let me know I was one of the two winners on the first anniversary of this lottery,” he said.
The lottery offers a first prize of �1,000 each week, a rollover second prize, and 10 third prizes of �10 each.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Friday December 28 will see another special draw with three extra prizes – an iPad3, a 42-inch LG LCD HDTV, and �300 in John Lewis vouchers.
To join the hospice lottery, visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433.