St Francis Hospice, based in Havering-atte-Bower, calls on London Marathon entrants to join its team in 2013
A Havering hospice is calling on registered marathon runners to join its team.
St Francis Hospice, based in Havering-atte-Bower, is inviting anyone who has a place in the London Marathon – which will take place on April 21 next year – to swell its numbers. Currently 20 people are signed up to support the hospice.
The total raised by this year’s team was �80,000.
Hospice events manager Lauren Josman said: “St Francis Hospice offers plenty of support to runners before and after the event and we’d welcome you as part of our team. The money you raise for St Francis Hospice is spent in your community, providing specialist care to people with cancer or other life-limiting illness when they need it.”
Runners will receive a running vest and training and dietary tips.
You may also want to watch:
They’ll also get fundraising support and training days.
If you’d like to join the marathon team, please contact Lauren Josman on 01708 771427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues