St Edward’s pupils get new minibus thanks to £15,000 of PTA fundraising efforts
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a secondary school have a new minibus thanks to the mammoth fundraising efforts of its PTA.
The new minibus was recently presented to St Edward’s Church of England School in London Road, Romford.
It was the result of £15,000-worth of funds raised by the PTA and students through a range of events – spanning back more than five years.
Former secretary of the PTA Andrea Roberts, said: “It has been a joint effort, it’s been going on for a long time.
“It’s all come about as a result of a good collaboration between the PTA and the school.
You may also want to watch:
“Raising that amount of money is testament to a lot of hard work.”
She added: “It just goes to show that parents giving up a little bit of their time for the PTA can have a big impact.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway