Black blow for Blues
Tommy Black’s penalty double saw Hornchurch edge past Brentwood in their FA Trophy clash at Bridge Avenue.
Former Urchin Dean Green gave the Blues - who had won an FA Cup tie between the two clubs last month - in front, but their lead did not last long.
In-form Black levelled from the spot before the break and struck again - after missing another penalty - to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through to the second qualifying round.
Romford will join them, following a 2-0 win at Waltham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Toran Senghore put Boro ahead against their Ryman One North rivals and Danny Rafis made sure six minutes from time.
The draw for the next round is coming up later today.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?