Black blow for Blues
Tommy Black’s penalty double saw Hornchurch edge past Brentwood in their FA Trophy clash at Bridge Avenue.
Former Urchin Dean Green gave the Blues - who had won an FA Cup tie between the two clubs last month - in front, but their lead did not last long.
In-form Black levelled from the spot before the break and struck again - after missing another penalty - to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through to the second qualifying round.
Romford will join them, following a 2-0 win at Waltham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Toran Senghore put Boro ahead against their Ryman One North rivals and Danny Rafis made sure six minutes from time.
The draw for the next round is coming up later today.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 9 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood