Black blow for Blues
Tommy Black’s penalty double saw Hornchurch edge past Brentwood in their FA Trophy clash at Bridge Avenue.
Former Urchin Dean Green gave the Blues - who had won an FA Cup tie between the two clubs last month - in front, but their lead did not last long.
In-form Black levelled from the spot before the break and struck again - after missing another penalty - to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through to the second qualifying round.
Romford will join them, following a 2-0 win at Waltham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Toran Senghore put Boro ahead against their Ryman One North rivals and Danny Rafis made sure six minutes from time.
The draw for the next round is coming up later today.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years