Black blow for Blues
Tommy Black’s penalty double saw Hornchurch edge past Brentwood in their FA Trophy clash at Bridge Avenue.
Former Urchin Dean Green gave the Blues - who had won an FA Cup tie between the two clubs last month - in front, but their lead did not last long.
In-form Black levelled from the spot before the break and struck again - after missing another penalty - to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through to the second qualifying round.
Romford will join them, following a 2-0 win at Waltham Forest.
Toran Senghore put Boro ahead against their Ryman One North rivals and Danny Rafis made sure six minutes from time.
The draw for the next round is coming up later today.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford