Spillane a doubt for Daggers ahead of Millers clash
But there could be good news for Billy Bingham and Josh Scott.
Daggers are waiting on the fitness of Michael Spillane as they prepare to take on high-flying Rotherham United today.
The former Brentford midfielder was ruled out of the midweek win at Oxford after picking up his fifth booking of the season in last weekend’s 4-0 FA Cup loss at Bournemouth, before being substituted due to the injury.
And though boss John Still believes it isn’t going to be a long-term injury, he is unsure of his availability going into the clash with the sixth-placed Millers.
“He picked up a knee injury, but we don’t know the full extent of it,” said Still. “I don’t think it’ll be a long one. He is a doubt for Saturday though.”
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday night saw a return to the bench for Billy Bingham after missing a month with a groin injury picked up in the 4-3 win over Bradford City.
He was set to continue his recovery with a run-out in a reserve fixture yesterday (Wednesday) as was striker Josh Scott, who hasn’t featured since picking up a knee injury at Port Vale on October 2.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
And both could be included in Saturday’s squad according to Still.
“Both Billy and Josh are quite up to speed. Once they get a game under their belts they should be okay,” added the Daggers boss.
“They are both back in training now and the two of them keep on top of their fitness so they should be available for Saturday.”