Specsavers Romford to offer Havering cabbies free eye tests
Havering cabbies can see clearly even though the rain hasn’t gone, with free eye tests from next week until the end of the year.
The tests are available at the Romford branch of Specsavers, on South Street. Cab drivers should present their private hire licenses in the shop when going in to be examined.
The offer is part of a national Specsavers campaign to keep the roads safe as the nights draw in.
Romford store director Andrew Aiston said: “When we launched the campaign last December we were inundated with bookings, and therefore have started the campaign three weeks earlier this year.
“Given the clear link between eye health and road safety awareness, we are delighted to pledge our support to help keep the roads safer over the winter months.”
You may also want to watch:
To book a test, visit the South Street store or call 01708 724 475.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 9 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'