Special Valentines card for Brentwood MP
BRENTWOOD MP Eric Pickles will be receiving a card with a difference this Valentine’s Day.
Environmentalists are using the traditional lovers’ day to call on the local MP to make sure the government follows through on the commitments made at last year’s Cancun summit.
Members of the Brentwood Oxfam campaign group will be sending the card to him to help make sure that the government helps finance the new climate fund promised at the Mexico resort.
Co-ordinator Malcolm Burgess said: “We want him to know that like him we love our planet.
“World leaders agreed to create a fund to help poor communities fight climate change but we still need rich countries to actually contribute to the fund, as well as lower their emissions.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Our message is that world leaders are making progress but must continue to do so. The important thing is to build on the progress in Cancun at climate change talks to be held later this year.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood