Snow real surprise for rivals
Tonight’s cup ties postponed
As expected, the arctic weather currently gripping the UK claimed two more matches last night.
Tonight’s Essex Senior Cup tie between Hornchurch and Concord and Romford’s Ryman League Cup clash at Dulwich were both postponed more than 24 hours before their scheduled kick-off.
The pair saw league matches frozen off at Sutton and Enfield Town at the weekend and club officials have serious doubts as to whether they will be able to play on December 27.
Urchins are due to entertain Aveley in the Premier Division, while Romford have a Division One North match against Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
But with more snow set to blanket the nation and temperatures unlikely to climb above freezing in the foreseeable future, all eyes could well be turning to New Year’s Day in hope of the next action.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice