Snow real surprise for rivals
Tonight’s cup ties postponed
As expected, the arctic weather currently gripping the UK claimed two more matches last night.
Tonight’s Essex Senior Cup tie between Hornchurch and Concord and Romford’s Ryman League Cup clash at Dulwich were both postponed more than 24 hours before their scheduled kick-off.
The pair saw league matches frozen off at Sutton and Enfield Town at the weekend and club officials have serious doubts as to whether they will be able to play on December 27.
Urchins are due to entertain Aveley in the Premier Division, while Romford have a Division One North match against Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
But with more snow set to blanket the nation and temperatures unlikely to climb above freezing in the foreseeable future, all eyes could well be turning to New Year’s Day in hope of the next action.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites