Snow real surprise for rivals
Tonight’s cup ties postponed
As expected, the arctic weather currently gripping the UK claimed two more matches last night.
Tonight’s Essex Senior Cup tie between Hornchurch and Concord and Romford’s Ryman League Cup clash at Dulwich were both postponed more than 24 hours before their scheduled kick-off.
The pair saw league matches frozen off at Sutton and Enfield Town at the weekend and club officials have serious doubts as to whether they will be able to play on December 27.
Urchins are due to entertain Aveley in the Premier Division, while Romford have a Division One North match against Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
But with more snow set to blanket the nation and temperatures unlikely to climb above freezing in the foreseeable future, all eyes could well be turning to New Year’s Day in hope of the next action.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster