Smiles at Harold Hill’s Summer Fun Day
- Credit: Archant
Beautiful sunshine, exciting rides and ice creams galore brought joy to Harold Hill’s Summer Fun Day, but it could have been so different.
For the second year one woman ensured that fun and frolics continued in Harold Hill after previous summer events were cancelled.
Speaking about this year’s event, held in Bosworth Field on Saturday, organiser Lisa Butler said: “It was really fantastic and the weather was great.
“It was packed, there was a fantastic atmosphere.”
Among the attractions were a bouncy castle, rides – including the tea cups and a small train, birds of prey, games, charity stalls, face painting and plenty of food.
You may also want to watch:
Performances by the Havering Majorettes as well as Starshine and Starlight dance troops also entertained.
There were even appearances by much-loved children’s characters Peppa Pig and Elsa from Frozen.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Lisa, a mother-of-two from Harold Hill, said she decided to organise her own fun day last year to ensure her four-year-old son would have an event to attend.
She has said she will definitely be organising another event next year.