Small fire at Harold Hill homeless hostel
Firefighters were called to a blaze at a homeless hostel today.
Crews from Harold Hill Fire Station attended the incident in Abercrombie Hostel in Bridgewater Road, Harold Hill at 6 am on Tuesday September 13.
The fire in the electric heater had already been put out by the staff and all the residents had already evacuated the building before firefighters arrived.
A spokesman for Harold Hill Fire Station said: “It was a very small fire in the electric heater.
“Everyone in the hostel followed the correct procedure in that when they heard the smoke alarm they evacuated the building.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is a reminder of how important smoke alarms are.”
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Havering Hospitality Hero: Hornchurch's Tandoori Lounge racks up awards