Search

Small fire at Harold Hill homeless hostel

PUBLISHED: 09:04 13 September 2011

Archant

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a homeless hostel today.

Crews from Harold Hill Fire Station attended the incident in Abercrombie Hostel in Bridgewater Road, Harold Hill at 6 am on Tuesday September 13.

The fire in the electric heater had already been put out by the staff and all the residents had already evacuated the building before firefighters arrived.

A spokesman for Harold Hill Fire Station said: “It was a very small fire in the electric heater.

“Everyone in the hostel followed the correct procedure in that when they heard the smoke alarm they evacuated the building.

“The incident is a reminder of how important smoke alarms are.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Romford Recorder