Six-foot penis painted on Hornchurch field
It doesn’t take Mel Gibson to work out the meaning behind these symbols, which mysteriously appeared on playing fields overnight.
Paul Middleton, 47, discovered yesterday that a 6ft blue penis and other rude daubings had been painted on the grass in Fielders Field, which backs onto his house in Cromer Road, Hornchurch.
The land is being renovated by Havering Council contractors and the authority believes the images were created by “kids” who got hold of their blue marking paint.
The workmen have now been told not to leave their tools lying around.
Paul, whose son Jake, 18, took the photos, explained: “A neighbour noticed large drawings of pornography (sperm from a penis hitting someone’s poorly-drawn face) on the ground in the same blue paint used to mark the areas for the workmen to dig.
You may also want to watch:
“I couldn’t believe it. This is not acceptable and not only disgusting but just plain wrong.”
The paintings may not be on the same scale as the crop circles in the hit Mel Gibson film Signs, but the attention to detail suggests the culprits went to great lengths to carry out their work.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
“It’s an area where people shouldn’t be going because they are digging but it backs onto my garden,” added Paul. “I want someone brought to task.
“They are always telling us about respecting the land. I can’t believe they think it’s acceptable to draw huge penises on the grass – there’s lots of small children around here, it’s easy for them to see it.”
The council has now removed the images.
Cllr Roger Ramsey, council leader, said: “We are really sorry visitors have had to see these offensive images which have been drawn by kids who got hold of the blue marking paint used by contractors.
“We have instructed the contractors to make sure that they don’t leave their tools and equipment lying around.”