Shoplifter threatens Harold Hill Lidl staff member with knife
- Credit: Archant
A woman threatened a member of staff at Lidl with a small knife when she was asked to leave the shop in Harold Hill.
Police responded to reports of an incident at the Lidl in Gooshays Drive on Saturday, August 31 at around 7pm.
A spokesman from the police's East Area Command said: "There was a female shoplifter in the shop and when she was challenged she pulled what the witness said was a small knife and threatened the manager."
After trying to leave Lidl via a fire exit, the woman fled the store.
Police searched the area without success and they are now looking through CCTV footage to try and locate the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal