Shenfield gets seasonal with Christmas Fayre 2019
- Credit: Archant
Performers kept residents entertained with a festive parade at this year’s Christmas Fayre in Shenfield.
Local businesses worked with Brentwood Borough Council to host the annual Shenfield Christmas Fayre on Sunday, December 8 in Hutton Road.
Children visited Santa in his grotto at Barclays bank and practised their playing skills in the gaming bus, which were both sponsored by Rainer Hughes, with donations going to Kids Inspire.
There were small fun fair rides and free soft play space to enjoy in the Friends Meeting House supported by 'Who Let the Dads Out' play group and Fairtrade.
Visitors were delighted by a Christmas parade, a new addition to the Fayre this year, which saw some fun characters and dancers from Razzamataz make their way down Hutton Road, followed by the Britannia Pipe band.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment on the stage outside the library was hosted by Brentwood Baptist Church, which included performances by local soloists and school choirs.
In addition to some great offers and festive activities in the shops, there were more than 60 stalls up and down Hutton Road selling gifts, crafts and delicious street food.
- 1 Lidl to submit a planning application for a Rainham store
- 2 Shielding pensioner 'gobsmacked' after being hit with littering fine
- 3 Havering MPs react to Covid roadmap plan
- 4 Planes can't take off, but new businesses can - pilot swaps cockpit for coffee
- 5 Cranham home damaged after fire caused by 'hot works', brigade says
- 6 St Helens Court petitions for more residents only parking spaces
- 7 Funding raised for nurseries and daycare centres
- 8 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 9 'They might break our window but not our community spirit'
- 10 What are the 4 stages of easing coronavirus restrictions?
Family photos could be taken in the festive photobooth courtesy of Mullis and Peake with proceeds going to Special Needs and Parents charity (SNAP), while free facepainting was available courtesy of Brentwood Business Partnership.
Mayor of Brentwood, councillor Keith Parker, said: "Shenfield Christmas Fayre is a real community effort, with local organisations and businesses working closely with the Council to put on a fantastic event.
"There was a lovely atmosphere and plenty for families to enjoy. "The performances on the stage were brilliant and helped everyone get into the Christmas spirit and the businesses had live bands, music, and activities."
A spokeswoman from Brentwood Borough Council added a special thanks to the event's sponsors, Brentwood Business Partnership, Rainer Hughes, Mullis and Peake, Hallmark Care Homes, Kinetic Podiatry Clinic, The Travel Boutique, Razzamataz Theatre School, Beresfords Estate Agents, and Vision.
The Christmas Fayre was also supported by Upper and Central Shenfield Business Clusters, Brentwood Baptist Church, Churches Together in Hutton and Shenfield, Who Let the Dads Out playgroup from Hutton and Shenfield Union Church, Barclays, Fairtrade Brentwood, Friends meeting house, Hilbery Chaplin Estate Agents and all our wonderful volunteers.