Screen legend Ray Winstone gives backing to hospice which cares for Havering children
Screen legend Ray Winstone has given his backing to a hospice which cares for Havering children.
Marking the 10th anniversary of its opening, the star has written an open letter praising Haven House Children’s Hospice, which is based in Woodford Green.
He wrote: “As a patron of Haven House, I am able to see first-hand the great work that the hospice does.
“It provides specialist nursing care for children with life-limiting illnesses and those who are coming to the end of their lives.
“This may sound like a sad place, but it’s not. It’s a light, bright environment, set in beautiful woodland, far removed from what you might expect.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hollywood star added: “There are lots of ways that Havering residents and local business can get involved in the 10th birthday celebrations; including volunteering and fundraising.
“I know that you will join me in wishing Haven House a very happy 10th birthday and the best of luck for the next 10 years.”
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
The hospice’s chief executive is Hornchurch resident Mike Palfreman.
For more information about the charity visit www.havenhouse.org.uk.