Screen legend Ray Winstone gives backing to hospice which cares for Havering children
Screen legend Ray Winstone has given his backing to a hospice which cares for Havering children.
Marking the 10th anniversary of its opening, the star has written an open letter praising Haven House Children’s Hospice, which is based in Woodford Green.
He wrote: “As a patron of Haven House, I am able to see first-hand the great work that the hospice does.
“It provides specialist nursing care for children with life-limiting illnesses and those who are coming to the end of their lives.
“This may sound like a sad place, but it’s not. It’s a light, bright environment, set in beautiful woodland, far removed from what you might expect.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hollywood star added: “There are lots of ways that Havering residents and local business can get involved in the 10th birthday celebrations; including volunteering and fundraising.
“I know that you will join me in wishing Haven House a very happy 10th birthday and the best of luck for the next 10 years.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 7 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
The hospice’s chief executive is Hornchurch resident Mike Palfreman.
For more information about the charity visit www.havenhouse.org.uk.