Scrap yard blaze in Noak Hill destroys 50 cars, two Portakabins
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters spent eight hours on Monday battling a scrap yard blaze that consumed 50 cars.
The fire started at the Dogwood yard in Benskins Lane, Noak Hill, at about 11.45am. Fire crews from Romford, Hornchurch, Dagenham, Hainault and Essex were on the scene until about 7.30pm.
The fire brigade said the yard, which is about 30 by 40 metres in size, sustained 100 per cent fire damage.
Two Portakabins were also destroyed but no one was injured.
Officers from the fire beigade are investigating the cause of the fire, but police said it was not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Were you there? Call the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 9 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
- 10 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub