Scrap yard blaze in Noak Hill destroys 50 cars, two Portakabins
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters spent eight hours on Monday battling a scrap yard blaze that consumed 50 cars.
The fire started at the Dogwood yard in Benskins Lane, Noak Hill, at about 11.45am. Fire crews from Romford, Hornchurch, Dagenham, Hainault and Essex were on the scene until about 7.30pm.
The fire brigade said the yard, which is about 30 by 40 metres in size, sustained 100 per cent fire damage.
Two Portakabins were also destroyed but no one was injured.
Officers from the fire beigade are investigating the cause of the fire, but police said it was not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Were you there? Call the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel