Savage shown Victoria Road exit
Daggers forward is one of four players whose contracts will not be renewed this summer
Striker Bas Savage has been released by Daggers along with three other first team players, as manager John Still has begun reshaping his squad ahead of the 2011-12 season.
Savage is the highest profile player among the quartet to leave Victoria Road alongside team-mates Phil Ifil, Graeme Montgomery and Tommy Tejan-Sie, whose contracts all expire this summer.
The 29-year-old striker signed in September from Tranmere Rovers on an initial short-term contract, which was extended in December until the end of the season.
However, he found the net just three times in 38 appearances and his deal has not been renewed.
You may also want to watch:
The futures of three of their team-mates, whose contracts are also set to expire at the end of June, remains in the balance.
Legendary goalkeeper Tony Roberts, who will turn 42 before the start of the new season, is in negotiations to extend his Daggers stay for at least another year and add to his record 507 appearances for the club.
- 1 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
- 4 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 5 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 6 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 7 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 8 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 9 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 10 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
Winger Darren Currie and defender Will Antwi are also currently in talks with Still regarding their futures.