Savage shown Victoria Road exit
Daggers forward is one of four players whose contracts will not be renewed this summer
Striker Bas Savage has been released by Daggers along with three other first team players, as manager John Still has begun reshaping his squad ahead of the 2011-12 season.
Savage is the highest profile player among the quartet to leave Victoria Road alongside team-mates Phil Ifil, Graeme Montgomery and Tommy Tejan-Sie, whose contracts all expire this summer.
The 29-year-old striker signed in September from Tranmere Rovers on an initial short-term contract, which was extended in December until the end of the season.
However, he found the net just three times in 38 appearances and his deal has not been renewed.
You may also want to watch:
The futures of three of their team-mates, whose contracts are also set to expire at the end of June, remains in the balance.
Legendary goalkeeper Tony Roberts, who will turn 42 before the start of the new season, is in negotiations to extend his Daggers stay for at least another year and add to his record 507 appearances for the club.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Winger Darren Currie and defender Will Antwi are also currently in talks with Still regarding their futures.