Saunders ready for Daggers return
Midfielder Matt Saunders has been included in the Daggers XI squad to play Bowers & Pitsea tonight
Midfielder Matt Saunders has been included in the Dagenham & Redbridge squad that travel to Bowers & Pitsea tonight for a pre-season friendly.
Saunders has not featured for Daggers since injuring his ankle during the celebrations that followed his winning goal against Bradford City in March.
But the 22-year-old is now ready to gain some valuable match fitness and, following the reappearance of Sam Williams and Kevin Maher in Saturday’s 4-1 win at Gresley after long injury lay-offs, manager John Still believes the trio are all on track to be fit for the opening day of the season.
He said: “Sam Williams and Kevin Maher came through Saturday’s match ok. Matt Saunders is a little bit behind them, but will play some part in our friendlies this week.
You may also want to watch:
“They should all be fit for the start of the season, which is so refreshing after the difficulties we had last year.”
Meanwhile, Still has confirmed former defender Will Antwi is training with Daggers while he continues to search for a new club.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
He added: “Will Antwi is joining us for training to keep himself fit.
“I didn’t want to give Scott Doe 90 minutes at Gresley, so Will played in the second half.”