Saunders ready for Daggers return
Midfielder Matt Saunders has been included in the Daggers XI squad to play Bowers & Pitsea tonight
Midfielder Matt Saunders has been included in the Dagenham & Redbridge squad that travel to Bowers & Pitsea tonight for a pre-season friendly.
Saunders has not featured for Daggers since injuring his ankle during the celebrations that followed his winning goal against Bradford City in March.
But the 22-year-old is now ready to gain some valuable match fitness and, following the reappearance of Sam Williams and Kevin Maher in Saturday’s 4-1 win at Gresley after long injury lay-offs, manager John Still believes the trio are all on track to be fit for the opening day of the season.
He said: “Sam Williams and Kevin Maher came through Saturday’s match ok. Matt Saunders is a little bit behind them, but will play some part in our friendlies this week.
You may also want to watch:
“They should all be fit for the start of the season, which is so refreshing after the difficulties we had last year.”
Meanwhile, Still has confirmed former defender Will Antwi is training with Daggers while he continues to search for a new club.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
He added: “Will Antwi is joining us for training to keep himself fit.
“I didn’t want to give Scott Doe 90 minutes at Gresley, so Will played in the second half.”