Saunders and Elito sign new deals at Daggers
Dagenham & Redbridge midfleders Medy Elito and Matt Saunders sign contract extensions with the club to stay at Victoria Road until the summer of 2015.
In a busy day down at Victoria Road as midfielders Matt Saunders and Medy Elito have signed two-year contract extensions with the club.
Both had deals which were due to expire in June, but have opted to commit themselves to the club until the summer of 2015.
Saunders and 22-year-old Elito have impressed lately for the Daggers, with the latter crossing for Saunders to score the opening goal in the 2-0 win over Accrington Stanley on Saturday.
Manager John Still was pleased with both of the players signing new deals with the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Medy is a player we know very well. I think his performances this season have been very consistent and I am hoping to see more of the same,” said Still.
“He has terrific ability and at his age we think we can improve him and make him a better player.”
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 6 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 10 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
On 23-year-old Saunders he added: “Matt had a great grounding as a youngster at Fulham. Unfortunately last year he picked up a bad injury and missed a lot of football.
“He is back now and playing consistently and he is another one that we feel is at a good age and we feel he can get even better. We hope he carries on improving and becomes another top player.”
Daggers earlier completed a three-and-ahalf year deal for midfielder Sean Shields from St Albans City.