Saunders and Elito sign new deals at Daggers
Dagenham & Redbridge midfleders Medy Elito and Matt Saunders sign contract extensions with the club to stay at Victoria Road until the summer of 2015.
In a busy day down at Victoria Road as midfielders Matt Saunders and Medy Elito have signed two-year contract extensions with the club.
Both had deals which were due to expire in June, but have opted to commit themselves to the club until the summer of 2015.
Saunders and 22-year-old Elito have impressed lately for the Daggers, with the latter crossing for Saunders to score the opening goal in the 2-0 win over Accrington Stanley on Saturday.
Manager John Still was pleased with both of the players signing new deals with the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Medy is a player we know very well. I think his performances this season have been very consistent and I am hoping to see more of the same,” said Still.
“He has terrific ability and at his age we think we can improve him and make him a better player.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
On 23-year-old Saunders he added: “Matt had a great grounding as a youngster at Fulham. Unfortunately last year he picked up a bad injury and missed a lot of football.
“He is back now and playing consistently and he is another one that we feel is at a good age and we feel he can get even better. We hope he carries on improving and becomes another top player.”
Daggers earlier completed a three-and-ahalf year deal for midfielder Sean Shields from St Albans City.