Santa letters must be sent by Friday in Havering to reach the North Pole in time
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Children in Havering have until Friday (December 9) to get their present requests into Father Christmas.
Santa’s team of helpers at Royal Mail deliver thousands of letters to the North Pole each year and are reminding households to send their lists to Father Christmas, Santa’s Grotto,Reindeerland,XM4 5HQ.
Alex McConnell, Royal Mail chief elf, who ensures children’s letters reach the North Pole, said: “Royal Mail plays a special part at Christmas.
“We are proud that for over 50 years, Santa has allowed us to help manage the hundreds of thousands of special letters he receives from boys and girls.”
The chief elf also reminded children to write the address clearly on the front and to include the child’s full name and address on the inside.
You may also want to watch:
Royal Mail published a letter penned by Father Christmas, who said he would try to reply to all the children that sent him letters before the deadline.
The big red man said he was very excited for Christmas and everyone in the grotto is very busy practising sleigh runs and preparing lists of who has been good this year.
- 1 Rainham gang members jailed for stealing 'over 130' vehicles
- 2 Plans for 1,380 homes on Waterloo Estate granted after tight vote
- 3 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 4 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 5 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 6 Strategy is to tackle 'persistent problem' of abandoned trolleys in Romford
- 7 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 8 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 9 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
- 10 Romford head chefs set for cook-off as finalists in national awards
“I need to let the elves know what to make so to help me out, please let me know what you would like as early as possible,” he said.
“Looking forward to delivering your presents on Christmas Eve, make sure you remember my mince pie and Rudolph’s carrot.
“Merry Christmas to you all”.