Santa arrives in Romford
Christmas officially arrived at The Mercury Mall, Romford, when Santa took up residence in his grotto. The grotto was opened for the first time this year on Friday November 16.
The grotto was opened for the first time this year on Friday November 16.
Visitors were treated to entertainment from The Sanders Drapers School, Hornchurch Choir and Katie Milton from Queen’s Theatre.
There was also a special visit from the characters from the Queen’s Theatre’s panto Jack and The Beanstalk.
Entry to the Grotto is free, but for �3.99, children can receive a gift or have a photo taken with Santa or both for �5.99.
You may also want to watch:
A percentage of all the money raised from the Grotto will be donated to Romford’s local Into Caring charity and the Centre is also hoping to raise funds for First Step Children’s charity.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner