Sanders Draper school, Hornchurch, students win Jack Petchey awards
Pupils from a Hornchurch school were presented with their Jack Petchey awards recently.
Nine students from Sanders Draper School, Suttons Lane, received awards, at a special presentation ceremony at the Queen’s Theatre in Billet Lane.
At the event, drama students from year 11 Blu Corsby and Sophia Panayi performed musical numbers.
Julie Steel, head of drama and director of learning at the school said: ”It was a truly enjoyable evening celebrating the success of our students.
“Well done also goes to Blu and Sophia who performed very well and looked deightful in their costumes. It was a great experience for the students to be part of.”
You may also want to watch:
The students who won the awards were: Victoria Apanshille, Danny Oxley, Omolade Badmus, James Renny, Paige McKenna, Courtney Ennis, Beau Avis, Georgie Taylor and Tomi Akingbade.
History teacher Daniel London also received a Jack Petchey certificate.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’