Sanders Draper school, Hornchurch, students win Jack Petchey awards
Pupils from a Hornchurch school were presented with their Jack Petchey awards recently.
Nine students from Sanders Draper School, Suttons Lane, received awards, at a special presentation ceremony at the Queen’s Theatre in Billet Lane.
At the event, drama students from year 11 Blu Corsby and Sophia Panayi performed musical numbers.
Julie Steel, head of drama and director of learning at the school said: ”It was a truly enjoyable evening celebrating the success of our students.
“Well done also goes to Blu and Sophia who performed very well and looked deightful in their costumes. It was a great experience for the students to be part of.”
You may also want to watch:
The students who won the awards were: Victoria Apanshille, Danny Oxley, Omolade Badmus, James Renny, Paige McKenna, Courtney Ennis, Beau Avis, Georgie Taylor and Tomi Akingbade.
History teacher Daniel London also received a Jack Petchey certificate.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford