Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- Credit: Archant
The Rush Green post office is set to relocate to a nearby newsagents in early March, it has been confirmed.
A move of the existing branch - located at 197 Rush Green Road - was first mooted back in November as part an "ongoing modernisation" of the Post Office network.
Following a consultation with customers, the move has now been rubber-stamped and was officially confirmed this morning (Tuesday, January 18).
The new branch will open at the Evans 2 at 96 Dagenham Road on March 9.
This soon-to-open branch will have two Post Office counters alongside the retail counter, and will offer 17 additional hours of service per week.
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas has welcomed the news, particularly so because it follows a "real concern last year" that the branch could close completely.
“I’m pleased to see that face-to-face services will be retained in the Rush Green area," said Mr Cruddas.
"It’s good to see that the Post Office have taken this on board and suggested a new option which re-establishes their commitment to the area and ensures local people are not cut off from essential services.”
- 1 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 2 'When it’s hot, it’s a sauna’: Residents rally against scaffolding on Romford apartment building
- 3 Dispersal order enforced in Elm Park amid antisocial behaviour concerns
- 4 Hornchurch medical centre temporarily shut after legionella bacteria found
- 5 'Impasse': Deadline looms over Havering parties struggling to agree to coalition after election
- 6 Proposal to build six flats on former Collier Row petrol station
- 7 Teachers and other union members strike at Harold Hill school over restructure during cost-of-living crisis
- 8 Man charged with murder of 'loving father' from Romford
- 9 In pictures: See the adorable dogs who competed for show ribbons in Noak Hill
- 10 Proposal to demolish Hornchurch bungalow to build four-bed house
Opening hours will be 8am-6pm Monday to Saturday.
The existing branch will close at 5pm on Tuesday March 8, with the new branch to open the following day at 1pm.