Rush Green author publishes book about Thames disasters
A Rush Green author has written a book about ships that have sunk in the River Thames.
Michael Foley charts the history of ships up to the Marchioness disaster in the 1980s in the book Disaster on the Thames.
It reveals the many shipwrecks and disasters that occurred along the River Thames.
Mr Foley, a former teacher, has had an interest in the Thames his whole life.
He has dedicated the book to the Treasure Island Ward and Tropical Lagoon ward at Queen’s Hospital after his twin grandsons spent some time in the wards.
You may also want to watch:
The book Disaster on the Thames will be published July 25.
His previous work includes: Hard as Nails; Front Line Essex; Front Line Kent; Essex: Ready For Anything; and Front Line Thames.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 3 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 4 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex