Rush Green author publishes book about Thames disasters
A Rush Green author has written a book about ships that have sunk in the River Thames.
Michael Foley charts the history of ships up to the Marchioness disaster in the 1980s in the book Disaster on the Thames.
It reveals the many shipwrecks and disasters that occurred along the River Thames.
Mr Foley, a former teacher, has had an interest in the Thames his whole life.
He has dedicated the book to the Treasure Island Ward and Tropical Lagoon ward at Queen’s Hospital after his twin grandsons spent some time in the wards.
You may also want to watch:
The book Disaster on the Thames will be published July 25.
His previous work includes: Hard as Nails; Front Line Essex; Front Line Kent; Essex: Ready For Anything; and Front Line Thames.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022