Royal wedding is on the cards for Romford school
Celebrations for the Royal Wedding are already underway at a Gidea Park school.
Year 3 pupils at Gidea Park College, in Balgoresd Lane, congratulated the royal couple by creating a selection of handmade cards to celebrate the special occasion.
Teacher Judith Holt asked the children to draw a small picture of something that would make the couple happy.
Designs ranged from spectacular wedding dresses and dazzling crowns to patriotic Union Jack flags.
Exceptional work was then recreated in a larger format and combined with a handwritten letter to the couple to create a colourful commemorative booklet.
You may also want to watch:
The class has also made wedding invitations and designed commemorative plates.
The pupils have even practiced their handwriting by copying out the National Anthem!
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Miss Holt said: “The whole school has been inspired by the Royal Wedding, but my class as probably done the most! The children had already been learning about the Royal family so were very keen to continue with that theme.”
The cards are part of the schools wider plans to celebrate the wedding, including a celebration day on Thursday April 28.
Infants and pre-schoolers can come dressed as kings and queens, and the junior school in red, white and blue.
There will also be activities held throughout the day and a street party style lunch.