Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- Credit: PA
Royal Mail staff shortages may be causing postal delays in Harold Hill.
A resident, who wishes to remain unnamed, said he knows of some people who have not had deliveries for over a week.
He suggested Royal Mail be renamed “snail mail”: "We've heard over half of Harold Hill delivery office staff are still off work.
“If that's the case they should get loaned staff from neighbouring sorting offices at Romford, Hornchurch, Rainham and Brentwood. That's basic management."
A spokesperson said Royal Mail is "in the process" of recruitment, but confirmed staff illness has had an impact.
They added: “We are looking to restore our normal high service levels as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience."
This comes after Royal Mail apologised over a pensioner in Romford not getting any deliveries “for weeks”.
- 1 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 2 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 5 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 6 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid