Romford youngsters progress
Youth Cup win for Boro boys
Romford’s under-18s booked their place in the next round of the FA Youth Cup with a goal in each half last night.
The visitors were reduced to ten men midway through the first half when one of their players was shown a straight red card.
Alex Coney gave Boro the lead when he followed up to head home after an earlier effort had come back off a post.
And the home side doubled their lead with 17 minutes remaining when Bill Rungay collected a cross from the right and composed himself before firing a low shot across the Cheshunt keeper.
Boro visit Oxhey Jets or Hemel Hempstead later this month and entertain Thurrock in the league on Sunday (2pm).
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns