Romford youngsters progress
Youth Cup win for Boro boys
Romford’s under-18s booked their place in the next round of the FA Youth Cup with a goal in each half last night.
The visitors were reduced to ten men midway through the first half when one of their players was shown a straight red card.
Alex Coney gave Boro the lead when he followed up to head home after an earlier effort had come back off a post.
And the home side doubled their lead with 17 minutes remaining when Bill Rungay collected a cross from the right and composed himself before firing a low shot across the Cheshunt keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Boro visit Oxhey Jets or Hemel Hempstead later this month and entertain Thurrock in the league on Sunday (2pm).
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds