Romford youngsters celebrate donation
Youngsters at a rugby club are celebrating after being given a cash boost thanks to their coach.
The Romford and Gidea Park Mini Midis Under 9s team based in Crow Lane, Romford has receieved a donation of �250 from UK Power Networks.
Rocky Murphy, the club’s coach said: “I was over the moon to find out about the award. I was so chuffed that I did a little dance.
“Every penny helps and that is why we are so grateful for this money.”
Rocky, who works for the electricity network nominated the club for the UK Power Networks’ Team Sport Award scheme, which aims to encourage staff to volunteer in the community.
You may also want to watch:
The funds will be used to buy new balls, bibs and cones for the team.
Rocky, who has been coaching youth teams for five years said: “The smiles we see on the kids’ faces when they play rugby is great.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
“I get to the ground and become a different person. I get so much enjoyment from seeing the children and their parents having fun taking part in sport. It’s hard to describe the sense of satisfaction.”