Romford woman Tolani Ogunlade, 20, on her hopes of becoming Miss Plus Size International 2013
- Credit: Archant
“There’s a stigma that if you’re big you aren’t beautiful, but I think you can be beautiful and big at the same time.”
Those are the words of Romford woman Tolani Ogunlade, who is bidding to become Miss Plus Size International 2013.
Twenty-year-old pharmacological science student Tolani has already made it down to the last 30 from about 1,000 applicants – and now she’s preparing for the grand final in central London this November.
“I have something different to give,” said the confident South Street resident. “I can represent girls who have low self-esteem. I can level the platform and be a role model.
“Some people think this pageant promotes obesity but it doesn’t. It’s just to promote confidence in young girls. That’s what it’s for.”
You may also want to watch:
Tolani is also appealing for a sponsor to provide her with evening wear on the night of the final. Phone 07800 853 881 if you can help.
For more information about the pageant, visit http://missplussizeinternational.com/.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority