Romford woman dies in A12 crash
A 29-year-old woman from Romford died after a road crash on Saturday.
The collision happened near Marks Tey when the woman was struck by a white Toyota Auris on the southbound carriageway at 1am on Saturday August 11.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and the 44-year-old woman driver, who lives in the Marks Tey area, was treated for shock by paramedics at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “We believe the woman walked off from a white Seat Ibiza that she had been travelling in. Its driver had stopped in a layby.
“We’re looking to speak with those motorists who saw this woman on the side of the A12 or actually in the road.”
You may also want to watch:
A section of the carriageway was closed until 8am while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or they can email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 5 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 6 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 7 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 8 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
Did you know the woman?
If so call the Recorder on 0208 477 3988 to leave a tribute