Romford woman dies in A12 crash
A 29-year-old woman from Romford died after a road crash on Saturday.
The collision happened near Marks Tey when the woman was struck by a white Toyota Auris on the southbound carriageway at 1am on Saturday August 11.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and the 44-year-old woman driver, who lives in the Marks Tey area, was treated for shock by paramedics at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “We believe the woman walked off from a white Seat Ibiza that she had been travelling in. Its driver had stopped in a layby.
“We’re looking to speak with those motorists who saw this woman on the side of the A12 or actually in the road.”
You may also want to watch:
A section of the carriageway was closed until 8am while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or they can email the team at email@example.com
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
Did you know the woman?
If so call the Recorder on 0208 477 3988 to leave a tribute